Sport Psychology is the study of an individual’s thoughts and behaviours set within the sporting context. Techniques and strategies developed in Sport Psychology can be used to mentally prepare for both training and competition, and individuals involved in sport at any level can benefit from working on their ‘mental game’.
The benefits of Sport Psychology support can include:
- Improved self-confidence and self-belief
- Improved consistency of performance under pressure
- Increased feelings of being in control
- Enhanced adaptability in performance situations
- Reduced levels of anxiety and stress
- Improved concentration and focus
- Improved ability to manage emotions
- Increased motivation
- Improved understanding of team cohesion
- Improved coach-athlete partnership
- Help with recovery from injury
- Improved overall psychological well-being
Please get in touch for an informal discussion and with any queries relating to Sport Psychology.